About Me

My photo
I'm a middle-aged, single mother stuck in a small prairie city. Need I say more!

Tuesday 4 June 2013

I Love My Cat...

What is it about felines that makes me more of a cat person;


  1. My cats have always been more affectionate than my dogs.
  2. Not yapping all the time (Kenji, this means you...please do not bark every single time someone on TV rings/hears a doorbell...it's not real!)
  3. Cats are obviously smarter. (see #2)
  4. Don't need entertaining all the time, I'm sorry but the little game of throw the toy, fight you to get the toy back, and then have to throw it again and again and again and again gets a little monotonous after awhile.  (once again, Kenji, this means you!)
  5. Independent.  Whereas dogs are akin to the pet version of a toddler, cats are more like teenagers.
  6. So darn flexible!  No yoga required here!
  7. Poops in a box! I even had a cat once who would poop on the toilet!  
  8. If he stays out for hours, I don't really worry.  See #5!  Just appreciate it when he sends me a quick text to tell me he's okay.
  9. Can go away for a weekend and not have to find a sitter.  
  10. Love the wacky sounds they make when they are after a bug in the room....hilarious!
  11. Will watch Meerkat Manor with me.  Literally, will sit in front of the TV for 10 minute stretches watching those crazy little critters gallivanting around the Kalahari.  Similar interests.
  12. Sleeps on my bed with me.  If he's not there, I have trouble getting to sleep.
  13. Clearly defined personality.  Doesn't always feel the need to suck up to me, and is secure enough in his felinehood, so that when he wants attention....dammit, he gets attention.
  14. Hasn't let himself go...very meticulous groomer.  Almost metro!

The only things that drive me loopy about my cat (and I kinda like them a little) are when he does want attention he will just push himself in there like jealous lover.   "How dare you read a book/newspaper/magazine?  Let me plop myself down RIGHT HERE!  Trying to write your blog....forget that nonsense!  Plus, he is always sitting on my computer chair.  I can get up for 12 seconds, come back, and Ooops, where you sitting here.  I didn't see your name of it!"

But all in all, I love both of my pets....just in different ways.  Still though, not really a dog person!

Meowfully yours,  Angela.








No comments:

Post a Comment